This statement was last updated 2nd February 2021.
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the GMCS website https://gmcsme.com/.
Please read these Terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations with respect to your use of the Website, including but not limited to various limitations, exclusions, and indemnities.
By accessing or using the Website, and the content and services available via the Website, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms in all respects with respect to the Website; such agreement will be deemed for all legal purposes to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed written agreement. If you are not willing to be bound by each and every term or condition, or if any representation made herein by you is not true, you may not use, and must cease using, the Website.
As used in these Terms and the Website, “us”, “we”, and “our” will refer to all GMCS entities and partners.
Definitions and interpretation
For clarity and comprehension, we have defined certain words used in the Terms and on the Website. Additional definitions are included elsewhere in the Terms.
“Content” means all materials and content, including designs, editorial, text, graphics, audio-visual materials, multimedia elements, photographs, videos, music, sound recordings, reports, documents, software, information, formulae, patterns, data and any other work.
“Partner” means an individual who is a partner, management, or shareholder.
“GMCS”, “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to GMCS and/or its individual partners. “GMCS”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, as used in individual articles and thought leadership pieces available on the Website may, depending on context, refer to GMCS or to individual partners.
“GMCS Parties” refers collectively and inclusively to the individual partners of GMCS, including their respective officers, directors, partners, stakeholders or equivalent; personnel; affiliates; business associates; licensors; and contractors and subcontractors.
“User” means all users of the Website.
“you” means you as an individual user of the Website.
In these Terms:
- the captions and headings are for convenience only and do not constitute substantive matter and are not to be construed as interpreting the contents of these Terms, and
- the word “including”, the word “includes” and the phrase “such as”, when following a general statement or term (whether or not non-limiting language such as “without limitation” or “but not limited to” or other words of similar import are used with reference thereto), is not to be construed as limiting, and the word “or” between two or more listed matters does not imply an exclusive relationship between the matters being connected.
About the Website
The Website provides information about GMCS, including thought leadership and the services and products we provide. References to “the Website and “https://gmcsme.com/” include all software, content and features provided within the Website. In addition, in these Terms, all references to Website addresses or URLs will also include any successor or replacement Website containing substantially similar information as the referenced Website.
Informational purposes only
The Website and content available within it is for informational purposes only. Neither the Website nor the content available within it constitutes professional advice, and neither should be relied upon by you or any third party, including for example to operate or promote your business, secure financing or capital in any form, obtain any regulatory or governmental approvals, or otherwise to procure services or other benefits from any entity. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult with professional advisers.
Changes to and availability of the Website
The Website is made available on an “as is” basis with no representation or warranty with respect to their functionality or availability and with no guarantee that it is complete, accurate, or timely nor any guarantee regarding any results you or others may obtain from their use. Access to all or parts of the Website may be suspended at any time without notice.
You will use the Website only for lawful purposes. If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of any part of these Terms, you will immediately notify us firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation.
In using the Website, you must not do any of the following:
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Website any materials that are or maybe: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libellous, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment, such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter Egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program (each, a “Virus”).
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Website any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
- Use the Website for any commercial purpose or otherwise use the Website for processing data or other information on behalf of any third party.
- Use the Website for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or the servers or networks used to make the Website available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of any of the Website; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Website.
- Create or share content without first obtaining any necessary permissions from third parties or otherwise use the Website to post or transmit any information that you do not have the right to provide; that would violate any applicable law or regulation; or that would violate, infringe or misappropriate any third party right or interest.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Website except as expressly authorised herein, without GMCS’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of any of the Website, except where such restriction is expressly permitted by applicable law.
- Remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or content you access via the Website.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Website, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Website into any product or service, without GMCS’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Website’ content. For the avoidance of doubt, caching of the Website is permitted by a service provider acting in the normal course of its business where permitted under applicable law.
- Use any robot, spider, Website search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to (a) retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather content from the Website, (b) reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, or (c) harvest or collect information about users of the Website without GMCS’s express prior written consent.
If you do not comply with these Terms (or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect or are investigating suspected non-compliance), we may suspend your access to the Website or take any other steps we consider appropriate.
Requirements to Use the Website
If you are an individual, you represent and warrant that you have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, and that you are in any event at least 18 years old.
If you are using the Website on behalf of a corporation or other organisation, you represent and warrant that you have the ability to agree to these Terms on behalf of such organisation and all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include such organisation, jointly and severally with you personally.
You represent and warrant that you and/or the organization you are acting on behalf of: (i) are not located, organized, or resident in a country that is subject to an embargo imposed by a government, union, or an intergovernmental organisation, including without limitation the United Arab Emirates, United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union or any EU member state, or the United Nations, or that has been designated by such parties as a “terrorist supporting” country; (ii) are not listed on any government, union, or intergovernmental organisation list of prohibited or restricted parties; and (iii) are not owned or controlled, directly or indirectly by any party described in clauses (i) and (ii) of this provision. If any applicable law, rule or regulation prohibits you to access the Website, you may not access them. If you nevertheless access or use the Website, you will still be bound to these Terms and shall have all the obligations, responsibilities and liabilities as if you were eligible to do so.
Except where expressly stated otherwise, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and all Content, source code, processes, designs, technologies, URLs, domain names, marks, and logos forming any part of the Website (collectively, “Our Content”) are (a) fully vested in us, our licensors, or our suppliers and (b) protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, database rights, or other proprietary rights and laws.
You agree that access and use of Our Content is subject to these Terms, including the disclaimers and limitations of liability herein. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Terms grants you any right, title or interest in or to Our Content except the limited right to use the Website as set out in these Terms.
Unless otherwise expressly authorised by us in writing, you agree not to
- copy, modify, deep-link, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right or interest in Our Content;
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on or in Our Content; or
- allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing.
The Website may contain functionality that permits you to comment on articles; share materials; provide ideas, proposals, suggestions (“Feedback”); or otherwise make available certain materials through or in connection with your use of the Website (collectively, “Submissions”).
If you choose to make publicly available any of your personal information or other information through the Website (for example through posting a comment or other form of Submission), you do so at your own risk. You will also comply with all relevant requirements set out in these Terms when making a Submission.
You acknowledge and agree that your Submissions are not confidential; that your provision of Submissions is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction; and that the provision of any Submission does not place GMCS under any fiduciary or other obligation.
We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove Submissions before or after they appear on the site; however, we have no control over and are not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any third party of Submissions. If and when we do monitor your use of one or more of the Website, we will do so in accordance with applicable law.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses referred to in these Terms. You further represent and warrant that your Submissions are (a) complete and accurate and (b) are not fraudulent, tortious, or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
We do not claim ownership of your Submissions; however, you agree that by posting, uploading, inputting, providing, submitting, entering, or otherwise transmitting your Submissions to us or any third party using the Website:
- You have thereby granted us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform, and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use, analyse, exploit and practice any comment or Submission, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials);
- You confirm, represent and warrant to us that you have all rights, titles and interests, as well as the power and authority necessary, to grant the license to your Submissions set out above;
- You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of the Website, including your Submissions, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices, and that your Submissions may be subject to “caching” or other technical processing or transmission policies and procedures by us or at intermediate locations on the Internet.
Compliance and Complaints
You agree that we may, without notice or liability, if we choose to do so (which we may decide at any time to do without assuming any obligation to do so), disclose to third parties any of your information or your Submissions; monitor use of the Website; and monitor, review, and retain your Submissions if we believe in good faith that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Website to customers, monitor adherence to or enforce these Terms, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect us or others.
If we receive a complaint relating to your use of the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, restrict, suspend or terminate any service involved, and/or remove your Submissions from our servers.
The Website may contain links to website and other materials made available by third parties (collectively, “Third Party Content”). If you use such functionality, you are directing us to access, route and transmit to you the applicable Third Party Content.
Third Party Content may be protected by applicable copyrights, database rights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Terms grants you any right, title or interest in or to this Third Party Content except for the limited right to use the Website as set out in these Terms.
We neither control nor endorse, nor are responsible for, any Third Party Content and we make no representations or warranties with respect to them. The availability of any Third Party Content through the Website does not imply the endorsement of, or affiliation with, any provider of such Website or materials. Your use of any Third Party Content is at your own risk and is subject to any terms, conditions and policies applicable to them (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of the Third Party Content).
Trade and Service Marks
You may not use the “GMCS” trade name, trademarks, service marks, logos or designs, or any other mark held by GMCS, in connection with any product or service that is not of any GMCS Partner nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, take unfair advantage or cause detriment. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos or designs without the express prior written consent of the owner.
Intellectual property infringement and other unlawful content
If you believe in good faith that materials made available on the Website infringe your intellectual property rights or are otherwise unlawful, you (or your agent) may send to GMCS a written notice by mail or e-mail, requesting that GMCS remove such material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice against you, you can send a counter-notice to GMCS. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to GMCS by e-mail to email@example.com or by phone to GMCS by phone number +971 4 379 2794. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
Liability and Warranties
Limitation of Liability
The Website is provided for information purposes only and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, GMCS and the GMCS Parties exclude all liability for any loss or damage of whatever kind and however arising in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Website and any materials you obtain via the Website save that we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful for us to do so (including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation).
You acknowledge and accept that use of the Website is subject to the risks inherent in any connection and transmission on the internet, in particular in relation to security risks and vulnerabilities, technical performance and risk of interruption. Accordingly, neither GMCS nor any GMCS Parties are liable to you in any circumstances for any losses or damages caused by disruption or failure of internet networks or for any interruptions to or restrictions on the accessibility of the Website arising for any reason, including, but not limited to, by reason of a virus, security-related vulnerability, or technical or operational failure of any nature.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GMCS PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, SECURITY BREACHES, VIRUSES, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, THE SITE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SAME, OR ANY OTHER SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF.
THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GMCS PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE; ANY INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THEM; ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THEM; OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES – INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR LOSSES OR DAMAGES – THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS OBTAINED BY YOU VIA OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend (at the indemnified party’s option), indemnify, and hold the GMCS Parties and their insurers harmless from and against any action, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demand, debts, losses, damages, charges, expenses and costs, including reasonable legal costs and/or any amount paid to settle any action or to satisfy a judgement and expenses of any kind and character whatsoever incurred by us relating to or arising from any content or information posted or transmitted by you using the Website or otherwise arising out of your use of the Website or use of the Website by any third party who is given or gains access to the Website due to your action or inaction. Your indemnification obligation to the GMCS Parties includes but is not limited to any instance where one or more of your Submissions (a) infringes any Third Party Content or other third-party intellectual property rights, or (b) is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful.
The GMCS Parties have the right at any time to forego the indemnification and assume the defence of any claim. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is not the intent of the GMCS Parties to affect the rights of the GMCS Parties or their insurers to assume the defence or settlement of any claim against any GMCS Party for which insurance coverage is sought under any applicable insurance policy.
Disclaimers and Assumptions of Risk
GMCS makes no representations or warranties about the Website. The Website and all information provided to you via the Website is provided “as is” and “as available”. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the GMCS Parties disclaim all express, implied, and statutory warranties with respect to the same, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, non-interference, error-free service, and uninterrupted service. GMCS neither represents nor warrants that the Website, services and content provided through the Website, or software or information downloaded from the Website will be accurate, current, uninterrupted, error-free, omission-free, or free from viruses or other harmful components.
BY MAKING AVAILABLE THE WEBSITE, GMCS IS NOT MAKING AN OFFER OF ANY FINANCIAL, TAX, ACCOUNTING, LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR GOODS, AND NONE OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE WEBSITE SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL, TAX, ACCOUNTING OR ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR SERVICE.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the disclaimer of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation of certain types of liability. In such circumstances, to the extent that such prohibitions prohibit any exclusions and limitations in these Terms, such exclusions and limitations will not apply to you strictly to the extent necessary to make these Terms consistent with such prohibitions.
Other legal provisions
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time without notice to you, but we will use reasonable efforts to publish each amendment before such amendment becomes effective. We will only amend these Terms if the provisions in the Terms are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable. The latest, fully-amended version of these Terms will be published on the Website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Website to obtain timely notice of such amendments. If you continue to use the Website after the effective date of any amendment, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Terms.
The Website has a Privacy statement. You acknowledge that you have read the Privacy statement located the Website, as it may be updated from time to time (the “Privacy statement”). You further acknowledge that by using the Website you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure by us of your personal information (whether previously collected or to be collected) for the purposes identified therein.
Without limiting any of our rights, we may suspend, restrict or terminate your use of the Website, effective at any time, without notice to you if the operation or efficiency of the Website or our or any third party’s equipment or network is impaired by your use of the Website; we have received a third-party complaint which relates to your use or misuse of the Website; you have been or are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms; we are required to do so for legal reasons; or if we have other valid reason to do so. We will have no responsibility to notify any third party, including any third party providers of services, merchandise or information, of any suspension, restriction or termination of your access to the Website.
Your use of the Website, and the content and features accessed through them, constitutes your agreement to these Terms; such agreement will be deemed for all legal purposes to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed written agreement.
No implied waiver
If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we or any of the GMCS Parties are giving up any rights that we/they may have (such as taking action in the future).
Any cause of action you may have with respect to these Terms or the Website must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arose, or it will be barred.
Any notice, consent, waiver, approval, authorisation or other communication to be delivered in connection with these Terms:
- by us to you will be deemed to have been effectively and validly given if delivered or sent to any of the contact particulars then listed in your Account; and
- by you to us will be deemed to have been effectively and validly given only if in writing and delivered or submitted firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may at any time assign our rights and obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, without notice to you. You may not assign these Terms without our prior, written consent. These Terms will inure to the benefit of and bind you and us and our respective personal and legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, fiduciary, employment or agency relationship exists between us and you as a result of these Terms or use of the Website.
These Terms, as amended from time to time, including any and all documents, Website, rules, Terms and policies referenced herein, including but not limited to the Privacy Statement, constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to your use of the Website.
The parties have requested and agree that these Terms and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English.
If a particular term is found to be unenforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The Terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them are governed exclusively by United Arab Emirates law under DIFC jurisdiction.